With all of the digital and traditional marketing opportunities on offer today, it’s never been easier to advertise your property for rent privately. But so much choice means it can be a little overwhelming deciding where and how to advertise.
Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered! Here are our top tips for finding the right tenants and securing a successful property contract:
Advertising costs: How much should you spend?
These days, you don’t need to spend thousands to reach suitable tenants. With most tenants now searching for a rental property online, they have never been more accessible to you. The internet is cheaper than print when it comes to advertising and offers greater bang for your buck because you can get your property in front of relevant tenants directly and engage with them instantly.
At PropertyNow, we offer a competitive rental advertising package for just $195, which has everything you need to rent out your home effectively, including:
- Listings with all the major realestate platforms until leased
- Our full support 24/7
- Tenancy application and forms
- The option to readvertise for free within 30 days of listing should a tenancy fall through.
We also offer a choice of effective add-ons to upscale your campaign at any time.
Renting out your home privately using property rental websites
House selling websites (or property websites) have become the most popular avenue for tenants to research property because they offer greater convenience. Tenants can now easily filter searches to find the properties that meet their requirements from the comfort of their own home.
All you need to decide is which websites do you want to list with?
- Rent.com.au. Focusing exclusively on the rental market, Rent.com.au provides a fast and easy way to list your rental property and find tenants. With approximately 7 million visitors each year, it’s Australia’s leading rental platform. It also offers a set of handy products and tools, such as Rent Bond and Rent Pay, .
- Realestate.com.au. With over 6 million visitors every month, realestate.com.au is Australia’s largest property website. It also offers the option to upgrade to a Featured, Highlight or Premier listing for extra exposure.
- Domain. Australia’s second-largest realestate website, Domain reaches 5.9 million property seekers each month with options to upgrade your listing for extra exposure.
PropertyNow’s competitive rental advertising package includes listings on both realestate.com.au and Domain, plus 8 other leading property websites. We can also organise to list your property with Allhomes if it’s in your best interests.
How should you present your property?
Still images are an essential part of any rental ad campaign. Make sure your property is neat and presented well before taking pictures. Ideally, you should provide an image for each room, the property’s key features and a few external images of the outside and grounds.
If you live in a remote location, it’s not a bad idea to offer FaceTime tours of your home. You may find tenants will like what they see and be happy to sign a rental agreement without viewing your property in person.
Talk to any copywriter and they’ll tell you, good copy sells. If you want to create interest for your property, you need to lure tenants with:
- An effective headline
- A strong opening statement
- A detailed property description.
Make sure you list all relevant details, including the monthly rental price, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, key amenities, parking and the terms of your rental agreement to satisfy tenant curiosity.
Rental agreements and tenancy forms
As a landlord leasing out your property privately, you’ll need to provide and lodge the necessary rental forms and contracts. PropertyNow’s rental advertising package includes all the necessary paperwork you need as well as step-by-step guides to make sure you’re meeting all of your obligations. Our pack includes a:
- Residential tenancy agreement. This is a legal rental contract that details the lease conditions between you and your tenant. There are usually three types of leases; short fixed-term (up to 5 years), long fixed-term (more than 5 years) and periodic lease (month by month). PropertyNow offer a secure online application submission system to make things super simple.
- Condition report. This records the general state of repair and condition of the rental property before the lease commences.
- Bond lodgement. For full or part payment of the rental bond, forms must be lodged electronically or physically at the RTBA.
Include a rental sign in your ad campaign
For just $65, you can add a professional rental sign to erect outside your property that make it easy for tenants to find you, stir up local interest and get the word out your property is up for rent. This special add-on package includes:
- Digitally printed in full colour
- Fitted with grommets for easy installation
- 600mm x 900mm
- Quality corflute
- Fully waterproof + UV weather resistant.
And that’s it! See how easy it is to rent your home privately without paying expensive agent fees? Simply follow these tips and tricks to make the whole process go smoothly, and you’ll be collecting rent in no time.
We’ve got all the expert advice, step-by-step packages and valuable guides to help you save time and money when selling or renting your home. To learn more about advertising the easy way with PropertyNow (and paying a teeny $195), click here.