Photography home-staging tips are vital to making sure your property competes. Learn from the best in the business.
One of the keys to setting a home apart from others on the property market is beautiful, crisp, clean photography that makes your property look bright, vibrant and attractive to buyers searching online.
If you apply these simple photography home-staging tips to the letter, they can help sell your home faster and get the best price on the market possible:
1. Don’t just focus on the inside – outside is just as important
- Garden – prune your trees, mow your lawns and plant flowers or use potted plants to add colour, energy and vibrance.
- De-clutter your yard – remove toys, gardening tools, hoses and anything else that could be distracting within your images; this includes cars in your driveway – even if you have a Ferrari (you’re selling your house, not your car :))
- Cleanliness – ensure that your porch and pathways are swept clean, windows washed and cobwebs or dust removed from ceilings and corners.
2. Style-up your interior
- Clean the house from top to bottom.
- Keep styling simple – what appeals to you may not appeal to others. Play it safe and stay away from anything too busy or ambitious.
- Remove all clutter and personal items such as toys, chargers, rubbish bins, toiletries, cables, books, photos, clothes, calendars and anything else distracting.
- Create beautiful settings, buy flowers or plants to give the rooms energy.
- Natural light where possible is key.
- Capture photos of your home at the brightest time of day.
- Open all your doors and curtains to create the maximum possible light.
- Ensure any burnt light bulbs are changed and insert globes that make room lighting look bright and natural.
4. Choose the best angle to shoot from
- Choose an angle that makes the room look spacious and homely.
- Provides the best lighting.
- Arrange your furniture accordingly.
5. Capturing and editing your images
- Always consider how your images will look on a mobile phone.
- Shoot with a DSLR camera if possible and capture hi-resolution images (much easier to edit).
- Don’t oversaturate your images. Make the colours look natural.
- Use editing tools such as Lightroom.
- And if you’re nervous about shooting the images yourself, then source an external real estate photographer, who should be able to capture and provide you with 8-10 images at a relatively low cost.
You can also read further tips from professional real estate photographers to give you some more ideas on how to make your property look its best.
Knowing where to start and being able to plan ahead using these photography home-staging tips helps removes the stress of feeling like you’re not prepared. And you can also feel proud to bring prospective buyers into your home.
Your journey starts here.
With the right knowledge and tools at your disposal, you’re all set to use photography for home-staging and selling your own home faster. Our experienced team at PropertyNow are here to help—every step of the way.
Get in touch with our friendly knowledgeable team today and get your selling adventure underway today.