Tenant Checks for Landlords on TICA and NTD
One of the biggest worries when leasing a property yourself is securing a reliable tenant who will take care of the property. Don’t leave this to chance! We can do a thorough tenant check for you including checking the tenant against not just the National Tenancy Database but also TICA, depending on your purchase.
The checks under the two databases include:
– Identity: so that you know they are who they say they are
– Past rental history: so that you know if they’ve ever broken a lease, damaged a property or been evicted
– Rental payment history: to find out if they paid their rent in full and on time in the past
– Court judgments relating to financial matters: (unpaid bills/rent, Centrelink debt, bankruptcy etc)
TICA is the largest tenant database in Australia and has over 7 million tenant records available.
Your check will search for:
– Negative tenancy history (reports from agents, landlords.)
– Blacklisting (blacklisting from agents, landlords.)