One of the keys to setting your home apart from others on the property market in this digital age, is beautiful, crisp and clean photography, that ensures your property looks bright, vibrant and attractive for buyers searching online.
Here are a few simple home-staging photography planning tips that will help you to sell your home faster:
1. Prepare your home’s exterior.
- Garden - prune your trees, mow your lawns and plant flowers or buy a few potted plants to give your yard more energy.
- De-clutter the space - removing any toys, gardening tools, hoses and anything else that might be distracting for prospective buyers. Also remove the cars, so that only the home is featured in images.
- Cleanliness – ensure that your porch and pathways are swept clean, windows washed and any cobwebs or dust removed from the exterior.
2. Styling your home’s interior.
- Clean the house from top to bottom.
- Keep styling simple – you want to allow people to imagine creating their own style in the space.
- Remove all clutter and personal items such as toys, chargers, rubbish bins, toiletries, cables, books, photos, clothes, calendars and anything else distracting.
- Create beautiful settings, buy flowers or plants to give the rooms energy.
- Natural light where possible is key.
- Capture photos of your home at the brightest time of day.
- Open all your doors and curtains to create the maximum possible light.
- Ensure any burnt light bulbs are changed and insert globes that make room lighting look bright and natural.
4. Choose the best angle to shoot from.
- That makes the room look spacious and homely.
- Provides the best lighting.
- And arrange your furniture accordingly.
5. Capturing and editing your images.
- Always consider how your images will look on a mobile phone.
- Shoot with a DSLR camera if possible and capture hi-resolution images (much easier to edit).
- Don’t oversaturate your images. Make the colours look natural.
- Use editing tools such as Lightroom.
- And if you’re nervous about shooting the images yourself, then source an external real estate photographer, who should be able to capture and provide you with 8-10 images at a relatively low cost.
You can also read some further tips from professional real estate photographers
Knowing where to start and planning ahead with home-staging helps removes the stresses and feeling like you’re not prepared. And you can be proud when you bring prospective buyers into your home. Your journey starts here.